Arctic Hare Ingredients:
• Yukon gold potatoes
• Thick cut bacon
• Red onion
• Parsley, fresh thyme
• 1 Arctic hare
• Clarified butter
• Prepared puff pastry
Arctic Hare Instructions:
• Slice Yukon gold potato into 10 pieces
• Chop 1 stalk celery into pieces
• Chop 1 carrot
• Cut 5 rashers thick cut bacon into thumb-sized
• Cut ½ red onion roughly
• Tie small bunch parsley and fresh thyme together in kitchen twine.
• Add all of the above ingredients all at once into a medium-sized frying pan preheated on medium-high, with a few tablespoons of clarified butter.
• Cook vegetable mixture for several minutes, until sweated slightly and starting to colour.
• Add in 1 Arctic hare, cut up into 1 or 2-inch pieces, bone-in.
• Add 250 ml beer (lager works best) and 250 ml water, and bring to a boil.
• Add 3 tablespoons melted butter to 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, mix together thoroughly and add to the hot pan in small pieces. This will help thicken the mixture so it is not so liquidy.
• Making sure all pointy bones are laid flat, lay a piece of puff pastry across the top of the pan, so that it seals right to the edges.
• For nice presentation, lay puff pastry in any design you like across the top.
• Brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg beaten together).
• Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the pastry is browned and meat is cooked through.