Deer Liver & Onions Ingredients:
• 1 pound deer liver, sliced thin & silver-skin removed
• 1 cup of homo milk
• 2 med. red, white or sweet onions, sliced into rings
• ¼ cup butter or bacon grease, divided (add more if necessary)
• 1 cups all-purpose flour, with salt and pepper as needed
Deer Liver Instructions:
• An hour before cooking, place liver in a shallow bowl (or a resealable bag) and cover with homo milk and refrigerate.
• Then, melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet and sauté onion rings slowly until they are translucent and a bit caramelized, on medium heat.
• While the onions are cooking, dredge the liver slices in the flour/salt/pepper mixture.
• Remove the onions from the skillet and melt the rest of the butter or bacon grease.
• Sauté the liver slowly, turning once. The liver should have just a hint of pink inside, and it takes only a few minutes to cook it to this point.
• When all the liver is cooked, reduce heat, add the onions back to the skillet, and heat through.
• Arrange on platter and serve. Do not overcook liver unless you want cardboard.