Fresh Rolled Bread with Savoury Pork Filling Ingredients:
• All-purpose flour
• Dry-active yeast
• Warm water
• Ground pork
• Fennel seeds
• Fresh thyme
• Dijon mustard
• Manchego cheese
• Olive oil
• Ground black pepper
• Green onion
Fresh Rolled Bread with Savoury Pork Filling Instructions:
• Into a large mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon dry active yeast into 3/4 cup warm water.
• Add 2.5 cups all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
• Season with 1 heaping teaspoon salt.
• Mix in bowl, and then knead with your hands on the counter.
• To season the pork mixture, start with 1 pound ground pork, and add 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, 1 tablespoon picked thyme, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons manchego cheese, or some other hard spanish cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped green onion and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt.
• Mix well.
• On a well-floured board or counter-top, use your hands to flatten the dough into a large rectangle, about 18 inches long. Spread the pork mixture across the whole top of the dough, right to the edges.
• Roll the dough over itself, into a large croissant shape. Place it onto a baking tray, and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until the bread is deeply browned, and the pork is cooked through, about 30 minutes.