• 3 halibut fillets, skin removed
• Small bunch of mint
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1 lemon
• Canola oil, olive oil and salt
• Asparagus, bottoms snapped off
• 1 ½ cups frozen peas, defrosted
• ½ cup vegetable stock
• ¼ cup butter
- In a pot or frying pan on medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and sliced garlic. Cook 30 seconds, then add the peas, mint, vegetable stock and a generous pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes just to warm through.
- Transfer the pea mixture to a high-sided container and blend into a smooth puree. Add extra stock to adjust thickness if desired.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add a splash of canola oil, the asparagus and a touch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan to allow asparagus to sautee on all sides.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add a splash of canola oil and your halibut fillets that have been seasoned on all sides with salt.
- Cook halibut for 3-4 minutes, until one side is nice and golden brown. Now rest a thick slice of butter on top of your fillets, and allow it to baste the fish as it melts. If it seems like too much butter, just leave it in the pan when the fish is done! When the butter has just started to smell nutty and turn slightly brown, remove the fish from the pan and serve right away!