Lamb Curry Ingredients:
• 1 small package of lamb shoulder
• 1 T. (15 ml.) Canola oil
• 1 small onion
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 medium tomato
• 1 cup (250 ml.) of vegetable broth
• 1 can of Patak’s Rogan Josh or Korma sauce
Basmati Rice Ingredients:
• 1 cup (190 g.) uncooked wild rice or brown basmati rice
• 1 T. (7 g.) caraway seeds
• 1 T. (15 ml.) olive oil
• 2 tsp. (10 g.) of sea salt
• 1 T. (15 g.) of butter
• 2 T. (30 g.) of plain yoghurt
• small handful of cilantro leaves
Cooking Lamb Curry Sauce:
• Mince 1 small onion or ¼ of a large onion along with 2 cloves garlic.
• Cube you lamb into bite sized pieces and brown in a preheated skillet with Canola oil over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and garlic when the meat begins to brown.
• Mince your tomato and add it to the pan.
• As the whole mixture begins to brown pour in the broth and cover with a loose fitting lid and parboil for 10 mins.
• Stir in the curry sauce and turn down the heat to a gentle boil and put the lid back on.
• The curry will be getting close to done when the oil starts to separate from rest of the sauce.
Cooking Basmati Rice:
• Steam your brown basmati rice in pot with tight fitting lid with sea salt, caraway seeds and a few drops of Canola oil.
• When the rice is done, mix in some butter.
• Serve the lamb curry over the basmati rice. Top with yoghurt & cilantro leaves as an option. You can also serve warmed naan or roti bread to sop up the beautiful curry sauce and not have to lick your plate.