- 2 large pieces of chinook salmon
- 2 russet potatoes, fully cooked, peeled and mashed.
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ⅔ cup AP flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter
- 4-5 mushrooms, quartered.
- Canola oil and salt
- In a large mixing bowl, make the gnocchi dough by adding your mashed russet potatoes, the AP flour, chopped chives, and egg. Mix well, but as gently as possible.
- Turn the gnocchi dough onto a floured surface, and roll it into a log the thickness of a nickel. Slice the log crosswise into 1 inch pieces.
- Get a large pot of salted water into a boil. Drop in the gnocchi pieces and cook them 2-3 minutes, until they float to the surface. Drain them onto a plate.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. When it’s hot, add the butter followed by the gnocchi, and let them cook several minutes, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on both sides.
- Heat another large frying pan on medium-high. When hot, add a good glug of canola oil, both salmon filets, and the quartered mushrooms. Season everything generously with salt. Cook 3-4 minutes, until salmon is browned underneath, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until the salmon is done.