Curried Oxtail Ingredients:
• Fresh tomatoes
• Palm sugar
• Spices (see below)
• Whipping cream
Curried Oxtail Instructions:
Prepare the following things to make the curry base:
• Half a red onion, sliced
• 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
• 3 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
• Small piece palm sugar, grated
• Small knob ginger, grated
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• Heat a pan on medium high heat and once hot, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and all of the above ingredients. Cook for several minutes, until reduced in size and browned slightly.
• Add the following spices directly into the pan: 1 tablespoon each coriander seed, paprika, turmeric, ground cumin. Add ½ tablespoon each crushed chili, cumin seeds, sumac, dried mint, ground coriander and ground black pepper. Add 1/2 teaspoon each hing powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook together several minutes.
• Tuck in 3 or 4 pieces of oxtail and add 1 cup whipping cream along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
• Continue cooking for about 2 hours, loosely covered, until the oxtails are tender and falling off the bone. During this time, top with water as needed so that sauce doesn’t over-reduce.