Moose Stout Pie Ingredients:
• 1 lb (450 g.) of moose
• 1 T. (15 ml.) of olive oil
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 large potato
• 1 large carrot
• 1 medium onion
• 3 T. (45 g.) of flour
• 3 T. (45 g.) of butter
• 1 cup (250 ml.) of your preferred stout
• 1 ½ cups (375 ml.) of water
• Slice your moose into smaller than usual cubes and add black pepper and salt.
• Oil and heat a frying pan to a high heat and add your cubed moose. Remember the pan is hot enough when you hear an immediate sizzle.
• Chop your onion, carrot and potato and add to the frying pan.
• After the moose and vegetables have had a chance to sweat down, stir in the flour and butter then add your stout and water.
• Add in some salt and allow to bubble away for a bit.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool. You may want to place the stew in the fridge.
• Remove from fridge and cover with your puff pastry and place in a 400 ° F (200° C) oven for 40 minutes.
• Plate and serve.