• 1 lb muskrat, ground
• A few rasps nutmeg
• 1 tsp english mustard
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• Small splash tobasco
• Small splash worcestershire
• Small splash brandy
• 1 tbsp parsely, finely cut
• 3 egg yolks and 3 tbsp milk, whisked together for egg wash
• 1 lb block puff pastry
Muskrat Roll Instructions:
• Add mustard, salt, worcestershire sauce, parsley, tobasco, brandy and nutmeg to ground muskrat.
• Roll puff pastry until its approximately 4 inches wide and a foot long. Either roll meat into long cylinder or use a piping bag to pipe down one side of the full length of the pastry. Egg wash exposed pastry and roll up until fully enclosed. Place on a chopping board, eggwash and freeze – the whole chopping board.
• Once completely frozen remove and as it defrosts cut into 1 inch long pieces. Once fully defrosted place into a pre-heated 400 degree oven and cook untll golden and cooked through, approximately 10 minutes.
• Allow to cool slightly and serve.