- 6 medium-sized yukon gold potatoes
- 2 onions, peeled, halved and sliced.
- Olive oil, canola oil and salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ cup sherry
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 pound beef kidney, sliced into medallions
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and leave them in the pot. Add a big glug of olive oil, a generous pinch of salt, and crush them with a fork.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-low heat. Add a good glug of canola oil and the two sliced onions, along with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of sugar. Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are caramelized.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add a good glug of canola oil, 2 tablespoons of butter, all of the kidney medallions, and season them generously with salt and break apart them rosemary sprig to throw into the pan as well. Cook 3-4 minutes, until golden, and then flip the medallions.
- Add sherry, whipping cream, 1 tablespoon butter, and cook another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is thick and the kidney is cooked until pink in the center.