- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup AP flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup of canola oil
- A 2–3 pound roast of black bear (beef would substitute well)
- Place the canola oil in a round, oven-proof casserole dish with high sides. *Something about 6-7 inches across would be ideal.
- Place the dish of canola oil onto a baking tray, place the whole setup into the oven, and then turn the oven onto 400F to preheat.
- Meanwhile, get a large frying pan onto medium-high, add a glug of canola oil, then add the black bear roast that has been seasoned generously with salt. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Add the pan to the oven to finish cooking, approximately 15 minutes. The bear will be sharing the oven with the yorkshire pudding that’s going in later. That’s fine.
- Beat together the milk and eggs. Add the flour and beat until combined. Remove the oiled dish from the oven (the oil should be very hot) and carefully pour the batter into the hot oil. *Be very careful not to pour all at once or you’ll splash hot oil everywhere. Return the dish to the oven, lower the heat to 350, and cook approximately 20 minutes until puffed and golden.