Trout Almondine Ingredients:
• 4 whole trout, gutted, scaled & slashed twice to the bone
• ¼ C blanched sliced almonds
• ¼ lb butter
• ½ lemon
• Canola oil
• 3 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
Baked Onion Ingredients:
• 4 large white onions, peeled, topped and tailed
• Olive oil
Baked Onion Instructions:
• Place onions on a small baking tray and cover in olive oil and salt
• Bake in a hot oven for 1 hour total – once soft (approx 20 minutes in) skewer with springs of thyme and keep baking until onions are very soft and almost falling apart.
Roasted Trout Almondine Instructions:
• Pan fry trout in a large frying pan over a medium eat with canola oil and pinch of salt, turning once.
• Remove and reserve on serving platter.
• Add butter to the pan and increase heat. When butter starts to brown add almonds and squeeze of lemon. Stir well and pour over trout.
• Add the baked onion to your platter and finish the trout almondine with chopped parsley and serve immediately.