Paella & Spearfishing Ingredients:
• Rabbit liver
• Saffron threads
• Paella Stock
• Cuttlefish, cleaned and bone removed
• Octopus tentacles, pre-boiled
• Mussels and clams
• Paella rice (la Bomba or Valencia)
Paella & Spearfishing Instructions:
• Sear a rabbit liver on high heat with salt and oil for 30 seconds per side. Remove from heat.
• Add rabbit livers, along with the following ingredients, into a blender: 4 cloves garlic, big pinch of saffron, ¼ cup chopped parsley, pinch of salt, ¼ cup seafood stock. Blend it all until smooth.
• Cut ½ pound of rabbit meat into thick slices, season with salt and fry in a large high-heat frying pan.
• Cut half of a cuttlefish into thick slices, and add to the same pan and fry both meats for a few minutes.
• Cut 300 grams octopus tentacles into ¼ inch thick slices, and add those to the pan.
• Add the blended saffron mixture, and cook with the proteins until fragrant and combined, about 30 seconds.
• Add mussels and clams, about half a pound of each
• Add 2 cups paella rice (la bomba, arroz or arborio)
• Add 500 ml paella stock (see recipe attached) and bring to a boil
• Simmer, in a large frying pan, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes
• Note: This will yield more stock than you need. Don’t try to make a small amount of stock – with your extra stock you can make soup, freeze it for later use, give it to your neighbour.
• Put the following ingredients into a large pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 1.5 hours.
• 2 lbs ling cod or rock fish bones & heads well washed and gills removed
• 2 lbs of crustaceans heads and shells (lobster, prawn, crab etc..)
• 1 head garlic cut in half
• 2 cups crushed tomatoes
• 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 2 sticks (not heads) celery, roughly chopped
• 2 white onions, peeled and roughly chopped
• 2 cups white wine
• 10 sprigs fresh thyme
• 2 fresh bay leaves