Seared Moose Heart with Potato Salad Ingredients:
• Moose heart
• Canola oil and olive oil
• Yukon gold potatoes
• Green onion
• Dijon Mustard
Seared Moose Heart with Potato Salad Instructions:
• Slice moose heart into thin slices, about ¼ inch thick.
• Get a large frying pan heating on medium-high heat.
• Once the pan is hot, cover the bottom of the pan in a small amount of canola oil.
• Season the heart on all sides with salt. Add the slices right into the hot pan, and sear on one side for 1 minute, then flip and cook son second side for 30 seconds.
• Remove from pan onto paper towel to dry.
For the potato salad:
• Combine the herbs into a mixing bowl: 2 tablespoons each chopped green onion, celery, parsley & mint.
• Add 2 tablespoons capers, and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
• Season with salt and a good glug of olive oil.
• Using pre-cooked yellow potatoes such as Yukon golds, crush them into pieces into the bowl.
• Mix the potatoes aggressively with the seasonings until the potatoes are mashed together with the seasonings.
• Make a tight mound of potato salad in the center of a plate. Lay seared heart over top of the salad.