Spaghetti Alle Vongole Ingredients:
• 3lbs of clams
• 5 garlic cloves
• 1 onion
• 1 bunch of parsley
• 1 fresh chili pepper
• Zest of ¼ lemon
• 2 T olive oil
• Pinch of dried chili
• 1 cup white wine
• ¼ cup pasta
Spaghetti Alle Vongole Instructions:
• Get a large pot of salted water onto boiling.
• Slice 5 cloves garlic. Slice 1 onion. Slice 1 bunch parsley. Slice 1 fresh chili pepper. Zest ¼ lemon.
• Get a large frying pan on medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil along with garlic, onions, parsley chili and lemon zest. Add pinch dried chili and cook in open pan, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
• Add 1 cup white wine and allow to cook approximately 2 minutes until smell of alcohol is gone. Taste the liquid, and season with salt if needed. (Some clams will be salty enough on their own).
• Remove spaghetti from water when cooked, and add directly into pan, along with ¼ cup pasta boiling water. Toss the pan to coat the pasta with the clams. Turn off the heat, and cover the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes.
• Serve in communal bowl.