Wine & Tapas Ingredients:
• Ground pork
• Dried chili flakes
• Smoked paprika
• Red wine
• Crushed tomatoes
• Pre-cooked potatoes (Yukon gold)
Wine & Tapas Instructions:
• ¾ pound pork
• ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Into a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the above and shape into balls about the size of golf balls.
• Add half a bottle of red wine into a frying pan, and heat on high heat.
• Add 1 cup crushed tomatoes and stir until combined.
• Add the meatballs into the sauce, and simmer the balls until cooked, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat them and cook them evenly.
For Tortilla Espanol:
• Preheat medium frying pan onto medium heat and add good glug of olive oil.
• Add 1 onion, thinly sliced.
• Add 2 pre-cooked potatoes, cut into ½ inch thick slices.
• Cook together in frying pan on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
• In a large mixing bowl, crack 8 eggs, and beat them gently just to break up the yolks.
• Remove potatoes and onions from the heat, and add that mixture to the bowl of eggs, stirring everything to combine. Season generously with salt.
• Return the frying pan to medium high-heat, and add another glug of olive oil.
• When the pan has returned to a good heat, add in the whole egg, potato and onion mixture, and cook for about 30 seconds. The pan should be hot enough that the egg sizzles and does not stick to the pan.
• Now cook in a very hot oven (about 500 degrees) for 10 minutes, until the center of the pan does not jiggle anymore.