Wild Game Stew Ingredients:
• ½ pound wild game meat such as elk, moose, deer or bear cubed
• 1 large potato cubed
• 1 large carrot sliced
• 1 med onion chopped
• ½ cup flour
• 2 beef bouillon cubes
• 1 L beef or game stock
• small bunch of wild onion (substitute chives) chopped
• ¼ cup barley
• 1 T canola oil
• 1 T bacon grease
Wild Game Instructions:
• Dredge meat chunks generously in flour and fry in oil until browned then do the same with the fresh veggies.
• Add meat & veggies to preheated stock and bring to a boil.
• Boil meat & veggies over medium heat for 20 mins then add the barley & bouillon and cook for another 30 mins or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
• Serve immediately in rustic bowls with a side of frybread and some minced wild onion.