Muntjac Stroganoff Ingredients:
• ½ pound muntjac meat (or some other deer without fangs)
• 1 med onion cut into slices
• 4 cloves garlic peeled & crushed
• ¼ cup butter
• 2 cups beef or deer broth
• ¼ cup white wine
• ¾ cup chanterelle mushroom strips
• ½ cup sour cream (can substitute with homo milk or plain yogurt)
• 1T Worchester sauce
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• ¼ cup grated parmesan
• 1 T olive oil
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 2 cups egg noodles
• 4 cups water
• 2 tsp olive oil
• pinch of salt
• Bring water to boil in a pot then add the noodles & cook according to directions.
Muntjac Stroganoff Directions:
• Cut meat into thin strips across the grain as you would for a stir fry & set aside.
• Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heated skillet & add the deer strips, onion & garlic, stirring until meat & onions are slightly browned.
• Stir in mushroom strips until they also begin to brown then pour in wine & allow to cook for 5 mins.
• Stir in all remaining ingredients for the sauce, tasting to adjust for flavor, then allow to cook over med/low heat until meat is tender(10 mins). If sauce gets too thick add milk or hot water from the noodles to reach desired consistency.
• Drain the noodles, stir in a bit of olive oil, set noodles in pasta bowl then pour the stroganoff overtop.
• Sprinkle the cheese overtop & serve immediately. Serves 3 but if one of them are still hungry they can eat something else.