- 4 shucked oysters left in shells
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T minced onion
- 2 T butter
- 1 T basil pesto
- 1 handful chopped fresh spinach
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- Half a lemon
- 2 T grated fresh parmesan
- 1 slice Havarti cheese divided into 4 equal squares
- Set oven to 450 F
- Meanwhile heat butter in skillet then fry onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, pesto, spinach and parsley continuing to fry and stir until spinach is wilted. Set aside. This is our topping.
- Spread topping equally on top of each oyster then squeeze fresh lemon juice overtop each oyster.
- Bake in preheated oven on a baking dish until a brown crust begins to form on the topping (5-6 mins).
- Remove from oven then add a slice of Havarti and some grated parmesan over each oyster.
- Return to oven and bake for another 5 mins or until cheese melts. Garnish with some parsley sprigs and serve with cold beer. Be careful because too many beers can definitely wreck-a-fellah…