Pan Fried Trout Ingredients:
• 2 trout fillets (from 1 med sized rainbow trout)
• 2 T butter
• 1 handful fresh thyme
• 1 handful of chives
• salt & pepper to taste
• ¼ cup butter
• ¼ Irish ale
• 1 T birch syrup
Roasted Root Veggies Ingredients:
• 6 med beets, 3 red & 3 yellow
• 6 fingerling potatoes
• 1 med onion cut into rustic chunks
• ¼ cup olive oil
Rainbow Trout Instructions:
• Melt lard & butter in skillet over med/high heat then add a handful of fresh thyme.
• Once butter begins to turn golden, add scaled trout fillets skin side down & sprinkle with sea salt.
• In the fish skillet, once fillets begin to brown and crisp on the bottom, add minced chives and allow the fish to braise until fish is no longer translucent.
Brown Butter Instructions:
• In a separate skillet, heat up ½ cup butter and heat until it begins to bubble.
• Immediately add birch syrup, ale & maple sugar while stirring then remove from heat.
• Pour the birch butter over the rainbow fillets allowing the hot mixture to cook the top sides.
• Serve trout with the roasted veggies. As an option, add previously cooked rice to the fish pan and quickly fry up, allowing the rice to absorb the flavours of the remaining sauce.