• 2 pickerel fillets
• 1 tbsp. butter
• Sea salt
Saskatoon Berry Sauce Ingredients:
• 2 cups Saskatoon berries
• ¼ cup berry juice
• 2 tbsp. birch syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
• 1 tbsp. of raw sugar
• ½ cup water
• ½ lemon
• 2 tbsp. cornstarch
Yam Fries Ingredients:
• One large yam – organic
• 1 heaped tbsp.. fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 tbsp. corn flour
• Sea salt to taste
• 1 large zip-lock bag
Saskatoon Berry Sauce Instructions:
• Add the berry juice to the saskatoons in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
• Add the birch syrup and 1 tbsp. of raw sugar. Allow to boil for ten minutes.
• To thicken: pour 1/2 cup water, squeeze half a lemon and add 2 tbsp. cornstarch to a mason jar. Tighten the lid then shake like a mad man.
• Add the thickener to the saskatoons stirring all the time until mixture is cooked.
Yam Fries Instructions:
• Cut the yam into ½ inch thick slices, roughly peel and cut into fries.
• Pop the fires into the zip-lock bag, add the rosemary, oil, and corn flour. Season to taste.
• Gently shake the ingredients together and massage until all the firs are covered.
• Spread the fries onto a roasting pan – don’t crowd them so they will be crisp.
• Bake in 375°oven fro 20 mins, turn over and bake for further 15-20 or until nicely crisp.
• Heat your skillet. Melt 1 tbsp. butter – let it brown slightly. Add fillets skin side down. Sprinkle sea salt.
• Leave to cook 4-5 minutes depending on thickness and adding more butter and basting if necessary.
• Serve the fillets smothered with Saskatoon berry sauce, garnished with yam fries.
Fish never tasted this good!