Pigeon & Wild Mushroom Pasta Ingredients:
• 1 oz unsalted butter, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 pigeon breast, cubed or sliced
• ½ onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 handful fresh or dried wild mushrooms of your choice, chopped or crumbled (morels or oyster mushrooms are fine)
• 1 fl oz white wine
• 1 fl oz cream
• ½ can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley or wild herb of your choice
• 1 tbsp grated cheese such as parmesan
• Pasta such as macaroni or spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pigeon & Wild Mushroom Pasta Instructions:
• Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan and fry cubed pigeon breast until slightly browed.
• Add the onion and garlic & fry until soft.
• Add the wild mushroom and cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
• Add the white wine and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by roughly half.
• Add the mushroom soup & cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parsley and check the seasoning again.
• Toss the pasta through the sauce, then serve in a warm bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.