• 1 to 2 lbs various cuts of rustic grilling meat (sirloin strips, flank, steak trim etc). Any wild game will work.
• 3 T. animal lard for frying. Pork lard or bacon grease will work fine.
• 1 hand-full fresh thyme
• 1 medium onion
• 2 medium carrots
• Salt & pepper
- Cut your meat trim any way you like but keep it looking rustic.
- Cut onion into rustic chunks.
- Wash and cut carrots into 1/2-inch diagonals.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat/high heat then add oil.
- then add the meat and thyme and turn meat chunks until all sides are slightly browned.
- Add onions and carrots to the skillet and stir with the meat, frying the entire mixture until all ingredients begin to caramelize.
- Place the meat in centre of a large wooden platter then place vegetables around and over the meat pile.
- Drizzle remaining pan grease over the entire mound of meat and veggies and serve immediately with a side of wild mushroom rice or any steamed rice dish of your choice.